What is teeth sensitivity?–Teeth Sensitivity Treatment in Vadodara.
It made our teeth of three layers:
Enamel- the outermost hard layer
Dentin– the middle layer
Pulp– the innermost layer that has the nerves and blood vessels of the tooth
Teeth sensitivity occurs mainly due to exposure to the second layer. It can be due to various causes, like wearing off the enamel or gum recession, exposing the tooth roots.
The root portion of the tooth is the one that is not covered by enamel, and hence root sensitivity is common in cases of gum recession. Teeth sensitivity is mainly due to sensitivity to cold, sensitivity to hot, and sensitivity to sweet food items.
In the information provided below, we will discuss the causes, symptoms, and treatment options available for teeth sensitivity- brought to you by Aries Oro-Facial Dental Clinic.
Causes of teeth sensitivity–Teeth Sensitivity
The gums get pulled off, leading to the exposure of the root surface, which leads to tooth sensitivity.
Enamel erosion Due to Various Factor
The cause of eroding enamel can be highly acidic food, or a medical condition called GERD. Knowing the exact cause of tooth sensitivity is essential to identify the underlying medical conditions.
Wearing off the enamel
The enamel gets worn off due to the normal aging process exposing the dentin, which causes teeth sensitivity. Another major cause of wearing off the enamel is teeth grinding or bruxism.
Excessive teeth whitening
Using teeth whitening products at home leads to more chances of teeth sensitivity compared to in-office teeth whitening procedures.
Signs and symptoms–Teeth Sensitivity
- Sensitivity to hot food items
- Sensitivity to sweet items
- Sensitivity to cold food items
- Biting pain or pain on chewing
- Pain on exposure to air
- Intense pain
- Spontaneous pain
Treatment options are available –
There are various treatment options for teeth sensitivity at Aries Oro-Facial Dental Clinic. I will explain some of the most popular and effective ones below:
Desensitizing paste application
Professional application of desensitizing paste under the supervision of a dentist is more effective than a home application of desensitizing kinds of toothpaste.
Applying a tooth-colored resin material and bonding it on the exposed tooth surface using a special blue light is yet another effective measure to combat tooth sensitivity.
Flourish varnish and sealer application help seal dentinal tubules that carry the stimuli of sensitivity.
Root canal treatment
Root canal treatment, or RCT, removes the nerves and blood vessels of the concerned tooth to eliminate the pain or sensitivity to cold, sweet, and hot food objects. It is the last resort for treating tooth sensitivity when all the other measures have failed.
- Take a short break from teeth whitening products if you regularly use them.
- Try using a desensitizing toothpaste with your finger by applying it evenly on all the teeth’ surfaces.
- Use a night guard if teeth grinding is causing the wearing of the enamel leading to tooth sensitivity.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush to avoid abrasion.
- Avoid highly acidic food items to eliminate the risk of enamel erosion.
- Use fluoridated toothpaste.
- If none of the home remedies works to relieve your symptoms, it is best to report to our team for proper examination and diagnosis of the root cause of the problem.
Leave A Comment